Cirro supports simultaneous connections to these database types:
|Hive||Hive Cloudera_5_7||Hive Horton_2_4||Impala|
The standard free Cirro license plan allows:
Up to five Cirro user accounts.
Connection to an unlimited number of relational databases.
Move up to one million rows per day.
Two federated databases with unlimited server cores.
There is a small monthly charge to upgrade any of these settings.
Ways to deploy Cirro
There are four ways to get Cirro for your business.
- License Cirro hosted installation: We can provision services for you for a small monthly fee.
Cirro Virtual Appliance
License Cirro Virtual Appliance: Get a virtual appliance license.
Install Cirro Virtual Appliance: Install the Virtual appliance in your Virtual Machine.
Cirro Server Requirements: System requirements for a manual installation.
License Cirro Server: Get a license to install Cirro manually on a server of your choice.
Install Cirro Server: Install Cirro on any server machine.
Hadoop & NoSQL
- Contact Sales - for help with Hadoop and NoSQL licensing and installs.
Once you have a functioning Cirro installation, you need to set it up.
1. Database Driver Setup: Configure the drivers which Cirro uses to communicate with your databases.
2. Database Setup: Configure how Cirro communicates with your databases.
3. Add a Cirro User: Add users who connect to Cirro who have permissions to work on specific databases.
4. Add Database Credentials: Set up Cirro users with specific database accounts.
5. Client Machine Setup: Configure your SQL Editor.
Advanced Database Setup (optional): For any advanced options to connect to your databases.
Add a Cirro User with SQL Editor: Useful to script user creation if you’ve more than one.
Change License (optional): Use these steps if you need to upgrade or downgrade your license.
Working with Roles (optional): Use these steps if you intend to create your own Cirro Roles for connecting to your databases.